With Thanksgiving around the corner, we wanted to create some fun, themed activities! Many individuals really enjoy targeting their speech and language skills in ways that relate to upcoming events, and it's a nice change of pace for professionals and caregivers.
What makes these products great
- They can be used to target a variety of goals (receptive language, expressive language, pragmatic language, articulation/phonology, etc)
- They don't require a lot of prep to use and don't end up creating a lot of waste
- Individuals with different skills can access them
- Individuals who use AAC can use these
- They don't require a lot of additional supplies/materials
- They can easily be modified based on the individual(s) using them
Thanksgiving Mad Libs
Find it below or in our Teachers Pay Teacher store!
This story also comes with a Word Bank for individuals who may need some support coming up with specific words for the story.
Bonus Activity: Create Your Own Pie
Sometimes, a simple coloring activity can be a catalyst for a lot of language use!
Speech Therapy Skills to Target
- Category/sorting skills
- Following 1 or 2-step directions
- Articulation skills
Thanksgiving Speech Therapy Activities
If you're looking for more Thanksgiving-themed activities, check out some of our other posts.
- Our Top Five Favorite Activities: this includes books, songs, picture scenes, and more
- Sensory Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt: have fun discussing the five senses and using Thanksgiving vocabulary
- Thanksgiving Flashcards: create sentences, build vocabulary, and work on WH questions with these flashcards!